Thursday, April 8, 2010

Its been a while since I've posted

I know its been a while since I last posted, but life has been busy. I have since had a new baby, now three weeks old. His name is Lincoln, and for those of you who read this blog and don't know it, I'm a professional photographer. You can see the photo story that I shot of his birth at DASO Photo. He's a gorgeous boy. It was my wife's first c-section so the recovery has been a little different and I think a little harder than having a natural birth. But she's doing good and Lincoln is healthy and strong. Thank you Jesus!

I've also been converting my storage behind the house into my studio, since I lost that to the new baby. It served me well as a place where I stored stuff, built stuff, etc... I'm expecting it will serve me just as well as a new studio space. A lot of photographers have different opinions of what a studio space is, for me its a place where I can focus on the digital dark room aspects of photography. Where I can design and develop albums and images. The rest of the world is my "shooting" studio. So here are a few photographs to show my progress:
The first piece of sheetrock is in!

Still a bit of a mess in the shed but we're making progress.

Sheetrock and the window AC unit are in, still no drywall mud or ceiling in, oh and its still super messy.

The first coat of drywall mud is on and the ceiling is hung. I used old fence pickets for the ceiling, I'm going to white wash that so it lightens up a bit, but I love the look of it. And it was free!

That hole above the door is access to a little loft I built over the porch of my shed, still gives me some storage space in there.

The best part of all is that I can see my garden from the big window I put in the side!

I'll continue to post as the studio, which I'm lovingly dubbing "The Shed", moves further along in the process.

I haven't forgot about my garden, just haven't been writing about it all that much. Its doing great there are a couple things going on with my plants that I'm not so sure about. I think I'll take some photos of them and post them on here soon, maybe some of you guys will have some answers to my dilemmas. I hope everyone's gardens are coming along as well.

Take Care.

1 comment:

Amy said...

LOve you guys and so excited about your "shed" :) Very lucky guy! kisses to bry, scouty and Lincoln too.

Post a Comment